North Bristol NHS Trust’s annual Science Quarter event this year celebrates the official opening of Severn Pathology.
The event will showcase how science is revolutionising healthcare and highlighting the broad extent of clinical research that takes place every day across the trust. The day is split into two themes, with the option of registering for the whole day, or part of the day – see registration links below.
Morning: research focus
- Research focussed presentations in the morning, Professor Jeremy Tavaré, Professor of Biochemistry and Director of Research (Health) will be sharing how the research landscape will look over the next five years
- Presentations from specialist research leads from across the trust
- Tours of the Bristol University Translational Health Sciences Laboratories based in the Learning & Research building
After lunch: Severn Pathology focus
You will have a rare opportunity to take a peek inside the high tech Severn Pathology building which is a collaboration with Public Heath England, housed in a brand new state-of-the-art facility.
- Mr David Gibbs and Jonathan Turner share how the trust’s unique technology led-pathology services are enabling North Bristol Trust to lead the way nationally and internationally
- Presentations from Andrew Mumford, Professor of Haematology and Clinical Director, West of England, NHS Geonomic Medicine Centre and Professor Derek Crook, Director of Microbiology, Public Health England
- 12.20pm: Tours of the University of Bristol Translational Health Sciences Laboratories
- 2.30pm: Tours of the high-tech Severn Pathology building
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in joining a tour.
Places are limited to please register to attend: