Bristol Green Capital Partnership is pleased to announce that Healthy City Week 2017 will take place from 7–14 October, with the support of Bristol Health Partners.
This year’s programme will provide a range of opportunities to share learning and explore the intersections between Bristol’s health and environmental communities in addressing sustainability challenges.
Events will include:
- A participatory Healthy City Week ‘Partnership Gathering’ and open space workshop on 12 October 2017 at Trinity Centre
- Networking events including a healthy ‘Green Mingle’ on 5 October (5.30–7.30pm) at The Kitchen and a business breakfast with Go Green (date tbc)
- An exciting new ‘Fun Palaces‘ collaboration on 7 and 8 October – a weekend of collaborative health, arts, science and community events in Avonmouth and Barton Hill
- A day of wellbeing at the John Wesley Chapel in Broadmead
- Talks and workshops from Bristol Health Partners and the Health Integration Teams (HITs), and groups and organisations from the Bristol Green Capital Partnership
Although Healthy City Week will not be running an open submission process to create a broader programme in 2017, the activities this year will present many opportunities to connect, collaborate and help us to collectively pave the way for a bigger and more ambitious Healthy City Week in 2018.
Healthy City Week is collaborating with partners at the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute, Avonmouth Community Centre and Wellspring Healthy Living Centre to run Healthy City Week Fun Palaces on 7 and 8 October. There are opportunities for your organisation or group to contribute to these events.
Intrigued? Learn more and sign up to these upcoming workshops:
- Workshop for Avonmouth: Weds 26 July, 2 – 3:30pm, Avonmouth Community Centre. RSVP: bit.ly/AvonmouthFP
- Workshop for Lawrence Hill: Thurs 27 July, 2 – 3:30pm, Wellspring Healthy Living Centre. RSVP: bit.ly/LawrenceHillFP
Look out for further opportunities to be announced in late July 2017
The best way to keep up to date with Healthy City Week opportunities is for you and your organisation to become a member of Bristol Green Capital Partnership: http://bristolgreencapital.org/membership/join/
Contact Healthy City Week project manager, Livvy Drake: email@example.com
Healthy City Week Bristol 2017 will take place from 7 to 14 October. Look out for more updates soon.