First episode rapid early intervention in eating disorders (FREED) is an innovative, evidence-based early intervention model designed to provide young people with recent-onset eating disorders a developmentally-tailored approach and rapid access to treatment. Research shows that early intervention in under 25s who have had an eating disorder for three years or less is associated with greatly improved outcomes and sustained recovery.
Bristol adult eating disorder services are launching the FREED intervention in the city. At this event we will be joined by a member of the London Maudsley Eating Disorders service who pioneered FREED, to tell us more about the approach and outcomes so far. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and discuss this exciting change to eating disorder service provision in Bristol, Bath, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
The Eating Disorder Health Integration Team (ED HIT) are hosting a photography exhibition as part of the event. They are inviting involvement in shaping their aims and presenting their work so far. They are offering you the opportunity to exhibit your work at the Watershed as part of this event.
This will be an interactive and informative event, and everyone is welcome, especially if you have direct or indirect experience of eating disorders or a professional interest in this area.
Photo exhibition entry details
- Photos can be submitted in digital or printed format, but must be your original work
- Photos of original art work are also very welcome, such as painting or poetry
- Please don’t submit photos of faces, bodies or food
- Photos may be displayed on at this event and on the EDHIT Instagram account
- The final decision of what will be displayed will be made by the EDHIT management team
- By submitting photos, exhibitors permit EDHIT to use photographic images on their website and social media channels
- You can share your photos via Instagram. Follow @helloedhit and then post your photo tagging @helloedhit and the hash tag #edhitphotos and either #stepstorecovery, #freed or #expressingmyself
- If you wish to add a comment with your photo this is welcomed, showing your reflection on the image and significance to the theme
- Please contact the team via email@example.com for details on how to submit printed photos
- The deadline for entries is 24 February 2019
Book this event
- Web: Book online