The Bristol Neuroscience Research Network presents a one-day conference to bring together its research community. The Bristol Brain Research: Showcase and networking day is specially designed by and for members of the wider community to learn about all the different research facets and resources at University of Bristol.
This one-day event offers the opportunity for researchers across schools and units to discuss best practice, share experiences, cross-fertilise, source expertise and engage across the whole spectrum of neuroscience from cellular work to epidemiology to clinical applications, and everything in between. The day will include talks and poster sessions focusing on a wide range of topics, with a chance to win prizes.
- Hear about current research and technology from across the faculties
- Present and discuss novel findings with colleagues with diverse expertise
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration and build networks across the university
- Put grant and fellowship ideas to our panel of expert
Data Blitz style presentations ǀ Two poster sessions ǀ Plenary speakers ǀ Grant panel
Call for abstracts
The central theme is to keep things current, build inter-disciplinary collaboration and bring benefit from the diverse expertise in our community.
They want oral presentations to be about recent, ongoing and future research that could be a:
- Finished a project that we need to hear about
- Work in progress that could benefit from added-value
- Data conundrum that needs a fresh pair of eyes
- Grant / fellowship idea that needs constructive feedback
- Piece of technology or methodology that could benefit others
Poster presentations can focus on any of these aspects, but we would also welcome submissions on past work.
Oral communications will be 10 mins with 5 mins of questions to keep things snappy and interactive. Poster sessions will be curated to showcase each group’s research focus to facilitate networking and cross-collaboration. Their grant panel session will feature funding panel members from across disciplines and give you an opportunity to sound out ideas with the research community.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 31 January 2018
Registration fee: £10 only (includes refreshments breaks, buffet lunch, drinks reception)
Book this event
- Web: Book online